We're glad you're interested in becoming a Life Group leader!
Life Groups are an integral part of what we do as a church. We believe that sustained life change occurs as we are growing in a relationship with Christ. We believe this happens best when we are prioritizing intentional relationships with others who are seeking this same goal. Life Groups provide people with the opportunity to connect with others, grow in their relationship with Christ, and experience community. Our Life Group leaders create environments for people to develop and grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ.
Paul taught the Corinthians that some plant the seeds, others water them, but God makes them grow (1 Corinthians 3:6). Group leaders have the privilege of creating environments in which seeds of faith are planted and watered in the lives of those they lead, while trusting God with the growth. Our leaders play a pivotal role in helping us achieve our mission to lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ!
Since our Group leaders play such an important role, we take great care when enlisting them. Please read through the information below to better understand the role of a leader, qualifications, and expectations. If, after consideration, you are interested in pursuing Life Group leadership, please follow the instructions below to complete the Group Leader Application. Once we receive your application, we will contact you about next steps. Should you have questions regarding any of the following information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 540-337-3599.
Role of a Life Group Leader
Life Group leaders are responsible for providing their groups with vision, direction, and support. Leaders are successful when they are personally growing in their intimacy with God, relationships with insiders, and influence with outsiders and are leading their groups in such a way as to encourage the group members' growth in these three relationships as well. Life Group leaders are supported by Greenmonte staff and elders.
- Attend Greenmonte's life group leader basic training before starting a group
- Have a personal, growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Are a Covenant Partner (member) at Greenmonte
- Recognize the Bible as the authority for their lives
- Have the time, emotional capacity, and discernment to lead a group
- Lead the group by facilitating the group meeting, monitoring its health and promoting participation among group members
- Commit to engage in leadership development opportunities provided by the church
- Look for apprenticing opportunities to mentor other people into leadership
- Lead a life group that meets weekly for 13 weeks beginning February 11th and ends May 12th, 2018
SMALL GROUP LEADER APPLICATION
Take a few minutes to share about the small group you'd like to lead this Fall.